Friday, January 4, 2019

Review: 2018 on Goodreads

2018 on Goodreads 2018 on Goodreads by Various
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Although I’ve been a GR member for many years, 2018 marked my first attempts at reviewing here. I expected to find an outlet for my frustrations with pieces I hated and a way to share my passion for those I loved. What I didn’t expect was to find a community of like-minded bookworms, eager to also share their own experiences. It has been validating and exciting to make such profound connections. In addition, I’ve also discovered that by accepting the responsibility to review, I’ve paid far more attention to what I read. I notice details and nuances that I would have missed just a year ago. With all of that said, I’m sharing my top 10 reads for 2018, and I’m sending a heartfelt Happy New Year to each and every one of you! Thank you for teaching me the secret handshake and accepting me into the fold.

10. Relatively Normal by Whitney Dineen

9. The Way the World Ends by Jess Walter

8. The Great Escape by Jo Watson

7. Method 15/33 by Shannon Kirk

6. Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty

5. Bird Box by Josh Malerman

4. The Last Days of Jack Sparks by Jason Arnopp

3. Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter

2. The Financial Lives of the Poets by Jess Walter

1. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas ~ This was the most profound read of the year for me. It overwhelmed me to the point of not even being able to pen a review for fear of not doing it justice. If you haven’t read this, you absolutely MUST!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment